Wednesday, September 14, 2011

2nd Challenge Card

This was my second card I made using the sketch that SUDSOL provided.  Once I got going, I really saw possibilities for cards.  I pulled out my Easy Events set - a new one in the Stampin' Up! 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog.  I have a family member going through a hard time right now, so I decided to make a card to send off.  Cards are such a great way to share a hug across the miles and there are LOTS of miles between us.

I started with my Color Coach to pick the colors I wanted.  I thought Riding Hood Red would be good, then I found Pear Pizzazz and Early Espresso to match.  I took the card base of Pear Pizzazz and ran it through the Big Shot using the texture plates.  I then stamped the Wood-grain background stamp on a strip of Soft Suede with Early Espresso ink.  I quickly punched out a border strip of the Riding Hood Red with the Dotted Scallop border punch and punched a few hearts from CS scraps. Then I stamped the Wood-grain on a Very Vanilla circle and stamped the image on the card which I colored in with markers.  Rounded the corners for a bit of softening to the edges and there you go!





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? -