Friday, July 27, 2012

Baby cards

I took a day or so and stamped up some baby cards in April.  Here are the ones I did.
These two were done with the same set and the same idea - just turned the card!  Interesting how different yet the same they look!  The stamp set is Baby Prints.  It was introduced in the Mini Catalog, and made it to the Idea Book and Catalog.  I am a real sucker for a simple card and especially a clean looking card - Whisper White is a great base for simplicity and then to add just ONE color is strikingly simple.  The additional colors I used were: for the boy card - Marina Mist and the girl card was Blushing Bride.  

I noticed with these cards that I really love my Big Shot and Impressions Folders!  This last card is no exception.  I used the Striped folder in a couple of different ways.  First I just ran the base Whisper White layer through one time.  For the smaller square of plaid, I used a couple of techniques.  I brayered the folder first with Marina Mist (a great baby and a great boy blue), then ran the Whisper White through one way, I re inked the folder again and rotated the CS 90 degrees and ran the folder through again - VOILA!  Plaid embossed CS.  I also used the Designer Frames and the Ovals die to create the focus point of the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? -