Wednesday, July 6, 2011

gifts to mail

Every year for the past 10 or so, I have showered my Mother in Law with a card shower for her birthday - literally.  I try to send her at least 50 cards to get her through most of the next year with birthday and anniversary cards and of course a couple of 'just because'.  She is an old fashioned LETTER WRITER!  I know, pick yourself off the floor - they DO still exist.  I love this about her; she tries to keep in contact with all those important people in her life.  She has forced herself to learn how to use email so she can keep up with her techie grandkids, but she still loves to put pen to paper!  I love her dearly and wanted to share a few of the cards I made for her.  

I know they will remain a secret to her - she is NOT a follower of my blog -but since you are --- pass the blog on to YOUR friends!  I would love to see your friends and family following my little creative journey!

This first one is a CASE from the a Stampin' Up! demo blog -SUDSOL.  Many demonstrators are getting ready to leave for the 2011Stampin' Up!  Convention.  Unfortunately, I can't attend this year again, but I love to be inspired by those who do!  Thank you Mary Brown for the inspiration for this card.  The stamp sets are Extreme Elements and Just Because.  The bright colors are from the Bright Collection - Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Pacific Point.

For these cards I was using up scraps on my table.  I love the triple layer punches and this is a fun way to use up leftover punchies from other projects.  I had punched out about 50 Real Red, Pear Pizzazz and Basic Black flowers using the Flower triple layer punch, and had a pile (not very small) of the leftovers.  I glued them on Whisper White CS and then ran that through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice impressions folder.  I layered that with a few other layers and stamped a simple greeting from my favorite 'go to' birthday set - On Your Birthday.  To add a punch of color, I added a couple of flowers using the new set Fabulous Florals.  I was so thrilled to find out it is carried over into the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog!

This last sample was a direct CASE from the Stampin' Up! demonstrator publication Stampin' Success.  Each month we get such wonderful ideas and inspiration in this.  I always look forward to the day it arrives and love to pour over the pages inside.  

1 comment:

What do you think? -