Monday, March 14, 2011

Ecclectic Stamp club

March is a fun month - fast, but fun. Annette was our hostess and she wanted to make a scrapbook page.  I wanted to spotlight an Easter gift and of course we have our technique card and birthday card.  SOOOO what resulted was a wonderful mix of fun!  I want to share the scrapbook layout first since i was sort of of a scrapbook roll in my earlier posts. 

This layout didn't really use much stamping (just the sentiment in fact) however, I have wanted to kick up the punch art with the ladies, so this was a wonderful example.  They punched the Easter chick and voila!  Super cute layout!
The colors were inspired by the wonderful Springtime Vintage DSP.  I love this paper and will be so sad when it retires after April 30.  Rose Red and Always Artichoke are a great combination.  The chick was punched out of Daffodil Delight with the 1 3/4" scallop circle, 2" x 1 3/8" oval punch, snowflake punch, 2 Step Owl punch and the 5 Petal Flower punch.  I chalked the edges with Pumpkin Pie chalk to give it some dimension.  I CASEd a card I received at Stampin' UP! Regional convention in 2010 to make this element.     The sentiment was punched out and added.  Rose Red Seam Binding ribbon adds just a special touch to the Scallop Trim border punched strip

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? -