Sunday, November 21, 2010

November Club cards

We had a great time at our Stamp Club this month.  We always chat up a storm and it is great therapy for all of us!  I planned a couple of cards for Thanksgiving using the new set out of the Holiday Mini catalog called Day of Gratitude.  This was one of the notorious sets that I thought - eh, I'll never use it! but again - I was WRONG!  I see so many uses besides the Thanksgiving season. 

The first card is one that my fellow demonstrator/friend Sue Brown had us do for our make and take at our Southwest Demonstrators meeting.  Very simple, but stunning.  The colors used were River Rock, Always Artichoke and Cajun Craze.  the trim on the card is done using the new die cut - Tasteful Trim.  It features 4 12" borders that are so fun!
The second card using this stamp set was one for our technique of the month - Dauber Stamping.  You can use your sponge daubers to apply the ink to any stamp.  We used the large wreath motif stamp from the set.  The colors used were Almost Artichoke, More Mustard and Cajun Craze.  The sentiment for this card was from another Holiday Mini set - Seasonal Sentiments.  This was the first time the ladies used the Dotted Scallop Border punch. 
I decided that each month should have a birthday card also- so this one was simple.  I used the set On a Pedistal and the new In Color - Peach Perfection.  Wild Wasabit and Rich Razzleberry were used as an accent colors.  I was very happy to see these colors come back from previous years' In Colors.  The background was embossed with the Perfect Polka Dot impressions folder, then layered the cake on the stand. Isn't the new Poly Stitched ribbon fabulous!?
And of course we had to have a Christmas card.  This was one of the cards that was made at an earlier Stamp-a-Stack.  I will show the others later, but this one was my favorite, so I had to have the club make it too!  I got the idea from a class planner on SUDSOL - my 'go to' demonstrator help website.  Thank you to all the wonderful demonstrators who share their talents with those of us pressed for time!  The stamp set is Contempo Christmas and I embellished a bit with the Tiny Tags set too.  The colors came from the Jolly Holiday DSP - Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive. The Decorative Label punch was showcased as well to show off how to mat it. VERY CLEVER idea! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? -